Gateway's Hologic Selenia with CAD (Computer Aided Diagnosis) utilizes the latest technology to help in the fight against breast cancer.
- A filmless system that provides superior image quality and resolution, allowing for more accurate detection of calcifications, small lesions and breast cancers.
- Ideal for detecting breast abnormalities in women with dense breast tissue - who are often at higher risk for breast cancer.
- Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD) is a new technology in breast imaging that gives the radiologist a computerized "second review" of a mammogram. The computer-aided detection system (CAD) is useful for identifying areas of tissue asymmetry and suspicious micro-calcifications. Studies have shown that CAD can improve the detection of breast cancer by as much as 20%.
- No Deodorant
- No Powder
The American Cancer Society recommends Breast MRI for women with moderate to high risk for breast cancer, strong family history, and/or dense breasts. MRI of the breast can be used to supplement mammography to detect breast cancer and other abnormailities of the breast. Breast MRI can help clarify complex findings from mammograms and ultrasounds.
- Breast MRI can identify up to 95% of invasive breast cancers. There is evidence that Breast MRI can detect some lesions that may be missed by mammography.
- Breast MRI is considered the "gold standard" for evaluation of breast implant rupture.
Breast Ultrasound is a procedure that may be used to determine whether a breast lump is a cyst (sac containing fluid) or a solid mass. Coupled with Digital Mammography, Breast Ultrasound has proven to find more breast cancers in women with dense breasts.
Dual Energy X-Ray absorptiometry is considered the most accurate test for bone density. It provides precise results and is the preferred test for diagnosing osteoporosis.